With Spring trying to push its head up through the still cold damp earth I thought it was about time to take down the Scottie dog garland from my much loved good old Welsh Dresser and replace it with something more seasonal.
This presented me with a perfect seasonal opportunity for my third Minerva Crafts Bloggers Network Post.
My Minerva fabric kit contained all the fabric I needed for my project, a bobbin of yellow cotton thread and a length of yellow ribbon. I added some buttons from my stash and some further ribbon. I also found some polystyrene eggs I had bought, and not used, many Easter’s ago. I believe you can buy these at Minervacrafts too.
A quick search on the internet led me to examples of chicks and rabbit templates. After a bit of a sketch I drew up something I was happy with. Well, I say happy but I wasn’t entirely convinced my chick looked like a chick, but more like a duckling. Try as I might, I could not get my chick silhouette to look more like a chick so it has stayed a little duckling-looking.
A really easy project, this one.
A tip when you are machine sewing slightly awkward shapes is to keep your fabric a reasonable size. In other words, don’t cut out all your chicks into individual squares. Draw them out onto one piece of fabric for sewing and them cut them all out later.
Yet I wasn’t happy with just my bunnies and chicks (ducks). To finish off my Easter theme I wanted some eggs.
After I had covered all the eggs I finished them off by covering the grooves with some thin ribbon, using a ‘prit stick’ along the grooves to stick the ribbon fast. Such an easy project to do. Perfect for a child with a little help cutting the groves into the eggs.
All set up for Easter.
Love, Lucie xx